Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Reverance

Ha so before I even start you will have to forgive me because this post may sound a bit sacrilegious. Well my thought today is maybe sometimes we, for lack of better word "revere" God to much. HA really don't hate me just let me explain. It just seems to me that when people pray or worship or talk to God they talk like he is some far off emperor or dignitary. I don't know it just seems very impersonal and old testament. No there is absolutely nothing wrong with respecting or revering God. In fact he should always get those two things from us. After all He created me and knows my every move and thought. He is everything. He deserves far far more than I as a human could ever give him. But here is the problem. God does not want us to be far off and conservative. He wants to be our best friend and our greatest love. Now think about it, you don't just talk in a respectful distant manner to your human best friend. You don't show minimal love to the human you love. So why then feel conservative with God? He doesn't want to be a far off entity. He didn't die for you to just feel like you can never truly come close to him. He wants you to show him all the love you can muster. He wants you to truly bask in his presence and feel the peace that will come. He wants to be your truest love, your best friend and your Abba father.

No comments:

Post a Comment